Friday 7 August 2015

Stockled Park.... An Outdoor Adventure!!!

Where has the time gone????

We are already nearly halfway through the summer holidays!!!

I cannot believe we will soon be doing the crazy, mad rush to buy the back to school essentials. I am a little more organised this year, I was in Marks & Spencers last week and spotted school pumps, at £6 a bargain plus one less item to worry about. I am usually struggling to find a pair the last week in August and have to improvise with a not so suitable pair of black shoes. I am definitely going to make a start on the dreaded uniform shop next week......Asda here I come!!!!

We have had a somewhat busy, more active than usual week this week, anybody who knows me knows I am not really an adventurer or even outdoor person, I love my home comforts way too much for that. But having spent the last two weeks doing very little, (I have just about managed a couple of trips to the park) I decided to make an effort.

Monday we visited Stockled Park in Wetherby, Leeds. I had personally never been before but all three of the kids had and were more than happy to have a return visit. I thought it was a little pricey at £12 each a ticket, but if you book online it is a little cheaper. We managed to a family ticket for £40 which admits four plus a single day pass for £11.

Now that I have visited I have to admit that it was worth every penny, we took our own picnic which was lovely and there is a large picnic area (take a blanket) with limited picnic tables. We sat on the grass, the only way to picnic!!!!

There is loads to do and once you're in you can access everything although there is a charge for the electric scooters (£5 a scooter) but there is plenty to keep all the family entertained without the added cost.
The maze is a must and great fun, there's the enchanted forest it is a bit of a walk but plenty to keep you surprised and entertained along the way, the roller boots are great fun (make sure you're wearing socks)with boots and helmets provided. Plus there are plenty of inflatables a giant inflatable slide, and pillows which are great fun.....don't know how I resisted.

I have to apologise for the lack of good quality pictures, my battery died so only managed to snap a few when we arrived.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment